Study Abroad Scholarship
The engineering study abroad scholarship is a non-renewable $1,500 award provided to two full-time undergraduate engineering students each year participating in the Engineer of 2020 study abroad
activity. Students are evaluated using a rubric that scores them on their global awareness, desire, willingness and study plans. Selections are made based on the rubric, resume and GPA. Students
are also required to keep a travel log that details their experience and provides guidance to future engineering study abroad students.
Recipients must be eligible to participate in the Study Abroad Program as determined by the application process and acceptance into the program by the Office of International Education. The award
will be made during the semester the student is going abroad. Recipients must be eligible for the Engineer of 2020 program credit.
Applications will be accepted and reviews will begin Feb. 15 and continue until the scholarships are awarded.
Application is open for 2014
Rubric is here
- Scholarships will be awarded annually to students enrolled full time at Wichita State University in the College of Engineering.
- No recipient will be excluded from consideration based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a veteran or disability.
- Recipients must be eligible to participate in the Study Abroad Program as determined by the application process and acceptance into the program by the Office of International Education.
- Awards may be made for up to two (2) undergraduate students (possibly more).
- Each award may be up to $1,500.00.
- The awards will be made during the semester the student is going abroad.
- Recipients must be eligible for the Engineer of 2020 program credit.
- Recipients will be selected using a rubric.
- The Scholarship Office, a department within the Division of Campus Life and University Relations of Wichita State University, will administer the scholarships and make the awards based on
recommendations submitted by the Dean's Office.
- The scholarships may not be renewed.
- Refer to the Study Abroad Scholarship Process; revised 8-26-2010.