The Wichita State University Alumni Association seeks a highly motivated, dynamic individual to lead a comprehensive self-governed Alumni Association serving approximately 94,000 alumni and supporters of Wichita State. The President and CEO serves as one of the most visible representatives of Wichita State University and its alumni. The President and CEO must be able not only to serve as a touchstone for Shocker Nation but also to manage and lead Association staff and work collaboratively with University administration and other University stakeholders, including Wichita State Athletics and the Wichita State University Foundation. The President and CEO reports to the Association Board of Directors.
For more information about the Association, please visit wichita.edu/alumni
Bachelor’s degree or higher (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
1. A commitment to serving as an advocate for Wichita State University, its alumni, and the
2. A personal commitment to diversity and willingness and commitment to engage with those of
other cultures or backgrounds
3. Strong analytical, organizational, motivational, and managerial skills
4. Experience with or a demonstrated understanding of working with non-profit associations,
fundraising, and volunteer leadership (including volunteer boards of directors)
5. Management experience of at least five years, preferably including experience hiring,
supervising, and evaluating staff; preparation and implementation of complex budgets;
strategic planning and assessment; and having global fiscal responsibility for a given
department, organization, or entity
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to build and maintain
relationships with University colleagues, alumni, supporters, and the public
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write and speak
effectively and passionately on behalf of the Association
8. The ability to travel (in-and out-of-state) and work some evenings and weekends
9. Demonstrated competency in and/or understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint,
as well as the use of the internet and social media to further the interests and goals of the
1. Demonstrated familiarity with Wichita State University and the needs of higher education
2. Direct experience in alumni relations
3. Direct experience in marketing, non-profit management, and/or fundraising
4. Direct experience in database management
5. Experience with solicitation of private gifts or experience in developing new revenue streams
6. Ten years’ experience in a relevant field
7. Advanced degree beyond a bachelor’s degree
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position. Compensation includes health and dental insurance and retirement benefits.
The position is located at the Wichita State University Alumni Association on the campus of Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by email or mail by submitting:
(1) a current curriculum vitae or resume
(2) three references
(3) desired salary range
(4) a statement of one page or less describing why you are the perfect candidate to lead Shocker Nation
Address for mail submissions:
Wichita State University Alumni Association
Attn: Search Committee
1845 Fairmount, Box 54
Wichita, KS 67260-0054
Applications will be accepted if received by July 3, 2014.
The Wichita State University Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people regardless race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, pregnancy status, disability, military status, or other protected category.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.