Your advisor is there to help, but you have the ultimate responsibility for your own academic planning and progress.
What You Are Expected to Do
- Accept responsibility for your decisions and actions (or inactions) that affect your educational progress and goals.
- Learn the Wichita State University and Barton School of Business policies and procedures.
- Become knowledgeable about requirements for a degree, majors, and/or minors.
- Ask questions if you do not understand an issue or have a specific concern.
- Schedule an advising appointment each semester.
- Bring your WSU Shocker Card when you check-in for advising appointments.
- Be on time for your advising appointment (late arrivals may need to reschedule).
- Come prepared with your professional portfolio, including your study plan and copies of transfer transcripts.
- Be honest with your adviser about your academics.
- Discuss your situation, plans, and goals with an open mind.
- Enroll in the courses for which you and your academic adviser have determined will meet your educational objectives.