Credit by Exam for
BADM 160 - Business Software
You must be a current student at WSU and present your Student ID to take the exam.
Important: Students must sign up, pay for the exam, and purchase the software
by: January 17, 2014.
Date of Exam: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
Location of Exam: Clinton Hall room 210 (Computer Lab)
Total Cost of Exam & Software: $120.00*
There are a limited number of seats available to take the exam. We will have 38 seats so students will need to sign up as soon as possible with the Counseling & Testing Center (Grace Wilkie
Students who would like to test-out of BADM 160, Business Software will have the opportunity to do so by completing the following steps:
- Students must purchase the class online software by January 17, 2014 by going to the following website: wichita.simnetonline.com. Students need to click on "I Want to Buy Online Now” to begin the process of purchasing access to the software. On the Product page,
select: SimNet for Office 2010 Office Suite ($75.00).
- Students will need to go to the Counseling & Testing Center in Grace Wilkie Hall room 320 to sign up for the exam and pay a fee of $15.00 per credit hour (total of $45.00).
- Students are encouraged to review the course syllabus (available on BlackBoard) and tutorials online through the software, prior to taking the exam. The exam will require students to
perform various tasks by using the software that simulates tasks in Windows 7, Internet Explorer, and Outlook 2010. Please refer to the syllabus for more details. The exam will contain 3 parts
and to receive credit for BADM 160, students must score 70% or better on each part of the exam.
- Exam Part 1 (Windows 7, Outlook 2010, Word 2010);
- Exam Part 2 (Excel 2010 and Internet Explorer 8); and
- Exam Part 3 (PowerPoint 2010, Access 2010).
- The exam will be 90 minutes and students are encouraged to arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled time and wait outside the computer lab.
The BADM 160 credit by exam will not be administered to a student who has been enrolled previously in the class, unless a "W" was received. If a
student has taken the class and failed, they may not take the test and must repeat the course.
For questions regarding the Credit by Exam for BADM 160, please contact the instructor, Steve Helm by e-mail at email@example.com.
* prices are subject to change.