What is Cooperative Education?
Combining Academic Knowledge with the Business World!
Cooperative Education expands learning experiences through paid employment in a supervised, educational work setting related to the student's major.
Internships are paid and unpaid positions related to student's major. Internships can be held for a semester or summer. The length of time commitment is pre-defined by the employer.
- Connects classroom-related education with practical work experience
- Clarifies career goals and suitability of career choice
- Gain relevant employment skills and realistic expectations of the work force
- Learn more about the expectations and needs of employers
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities
- Develops independence, maturity, and responsibility
- Develops confidence, communication skills, and teamwork through working with others
- Earn a paycheck, gain experience, and receive academic credit