Business Enrollment Process
Business Advisors are available and you are encouraged to meet with them, however it is your responsibility to enroll in courses that meet your degree requirements and stay on
track to graduation. Students must complete course, credit hour, and GPA requirements in order to graduate.
who are REQUIRED to see a business adviser before they can enroll are…
- New Freshmen (both 1st and 2nd semester at Wichita State University)
- First Semester Transfer Students to the Barton School of Business (includes current WSU students from other colleges on-campus)
- Business Students who are on Academic Probation
- Graduating Seniors from Business
- Business Students with Academic Holds (for example, 48-Hour Basic Skill Hold)
1. Use your Degree Evaluation (CAPP) and the model programs and check sheet forms to create a tentative study plan.
- Your degree evaluation shows what classes you have completed toward your degree and what requirements remain. However, your degree evaluation is NOT an official record and other issues may be
factors. Course duplication, substitutions or waivers, repeat/replaced courses, etc. may need further review. Always confirm with an advisor that your degree evaluation is accurate.
- It is important to check your major and all business GPAs listed toward the end of the degree evaluation.
- Contact a business adviser if you have any questions regarding your degree evaluation or degree requirements.
2. Prerequisite Requirements Must Be Followed!
3. Complete Advanced Standing Requirements in a Timely Manner.
- Business students must complete Advanced Standing in order to enroll in upper-division business courses.
4. You are welcome to see a business adviser for enrollment, academic issues or other concerns.
- Please call (316) 978-3203 or stop by Clinton Hall, Room 008, to schedule an advising appointment.
- Students should call in October for spring advising and in March for summer and fall advising.
- Appointments are generally scheduled for 30 minutes.
Bring your Shocker Card to check-in at Clinton Hall 008 for your advising appointment
- Be on-time! If you show up 15 minutes late, you will be asked to reschedule. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please contact us at (316) 978-3203.
Students whose major is outside the Barton School of Business need special permission to take upper-division undergraduate (300-600 level) business courses. To request
permission to enroll, submit this REQUEST FORM. IB-333 does not require special permission.
Students wishing to take Graduate Level courses (700-800+) need to contact the Graduate Office, 316-978-3230, Clinton Hall, room 201.
Prerequisites that must be met:
•Completion of foundation skills (ENGL 101 & 102, MATH 111, COMM 111)
•Completion of 60 or more credit hours.
•Overall GPA of 2.25 or higher.
•Prerequisites for each specific course.