Barton School of Business
Orientation Courses (1-2 credit hours)
The orientation courses cover the requirements and expectations for a degree from the Barton School of Business. In addition to learning about the academic requirements for a
business degree, students learn about business school resources, the differences in business majors, effective study skills, and career opportunities in the field of business.
For in-coming freshmen:
- BADM 101 and BADM 102 - Becoming a Business Student I and II (1 cr.hr. each)
For transfer students:
- BADM 301 - Transferring to the Barton School of Business (1 cr.hr.)
Orientation Courses Learning Objectives:
- To help discover the Barton School of Business and Wichita State University.
- To learn rules and regulations, people, services, resources, and opportunities available for business students.
- To introduce various professions in the business.
- To ensure that every business student knows how to use WSU on-line resources, such as email, blackboard, myWSU, Degree Evaluation (CAPP) and library sources.
- To refine expectation and requirements to become a successful business student.
- To learn requirements and information for Advance Standing and the Advanced Standing Exam criteria.
- To fine tune the choice of a major within the business school and develop a study plan.
- To ensure that every business student have an opportunity to develop organizational and time management skills that will be needed to be successful in upper-division business courses.