Shocker Bowling Fact Sheet
- The Shocker Bowling Program is the most successful sports program on the WSU campus.
- Annually attracts more than 60 students from more than 20 states and several foreign countries.
- The annual economic impact of the program to WSU and the city of Wichita regularly approaches $4 million.
- Since the first national tournament in 1975, the Shockers have won 19 national championships; 10 men’s titles and 9 women’s titles. No other program in the USA has exceeded these
- The Shocker men have been ranked No. 1 in the nation more than any other team; a total of 42 times.
- The Shocker women’s team is the only team that has been ranked in the Top 10 in the nation in every national poll for 35 consecutive years.
- The Shocker Bowling Program has had 145 Academic All-Americans.
- The program has produced 20 Collegiate Bowlers-of-the-Year and a total of 126 All-Americans.
- A total of 45 former and current Shocker bowlers have represented our country on Team USA.
- Last year, eight Shockers bowled on the Professional Bowlers Tour.
- The program’s showcase is located in Shocker Sports Grill and Lanes inside of the Rhatigan Student Center.
- Shocker bowling is funded by individual and corporate sponsorship, the Rhatigan Student Center, student fees, and athlete/parent fundraising.
- Shocker Bowling conducts the most successful youth bowling camp program in the country. It annually attracts more than 250 campers from more than 35 states and several foreign countries.
- The program and its coaching staff pride itself on quality, learning, work ethic, and loyalty.