Vision, Mission and Goals
Campus Recreation aspires to be a recognized leader in student development and in the delivery of quality recreation, fitness, and leisure programs and activities.
The mission of Campus Recreation is to promote the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth of individuals by encouraging the development of lifelong skills and positive attitudes
through recreation and leisure activities.
At Campus Recreation we value…
- Fostering an environment focused on teamwork
- Open communication
- Quality service
- Issues of student development and learning
- Building mutually beneficial relationships built on respect and integrity
- Effective and efficient delivery of programs and services
- Goal 1: Insure our facilities provide a safe and welcoming environment.
- Goal 2: To aspire to become the number one choice for recreation, fitness, and leisure experiences for the WSU campus community.
- Goal 3: To provide innovative student development opportunities through our SHOX Recreation program.
- Goal 4: Be a department that reflects the evolving diversity of our society
- Goal 5: Effectively utilize various modes of communication to insure we provide transparency in our decision making.
- Goal 6: By providing innovative and quality programs and services we will help to establish a desire for lifelong exploration and development of the mind and body.