2013-14 Departmental Goals
1. Offer quality child care services to Wichita State University students, faculty and staff. (Retain students, faculty and staff.)
- Maintain the highest standards by providing exceptional childcare and education through the use of developmentally appropriate practices.
- Continue to provide student parents with cost effective child care through discounts offered by the Student Government Association.
- Exceed all KDHE standards and maintain developmental portfolios using the Kansas Early Learning Standards.
- Student Government Association will continue to provide monies to the Child Development Center to allow them to continue with discounts and to serve all student parents.
2. Offer a broader base of training and/or continuing education opportunities for staff, parent information nights and parent meetings for currently enrolled families. (Growth and
Development of staff and parents)
- Add opportunities for the CDC to collaborate with other quality early childhood programs in the Wichita community by partnering on workshops, in-service training and/or guest speakers for
- At least two staff members will attend the National Association for the Education of Young Children annual conference.
- Initiate partnerships with various departments on campus to bring in guest speakers to discuss parenting and child care related topics.
- Evaluate the number of training, continuing education and/or parent/community involvement activities at the end of each semester. Feedback will allow for modification.
- Amount of funds raised will determine feasibility.
- Number of partnerships created along with feedback on guest speakers for modification.
3. Evaluate center revenue/expenditures to insure fiscal and financial solvency. (Recruit students)
- Continue to obtain funds for student assistant salaries.
- Organize fundraising events to help purchase classroom materials.
- Increase communication with parents in helping them understand the budget process.
- Maintain at least 90% enrollment to insure adequate revenue.
- Monitor revenue/expenditures monthly and make necessary modifications.
4. Increase the visibility of the Child Development Center on campus and the Wichita community. (Recruit and retain students, faculty and staff.)
- Maintain quality care by hiring teachers who are educated and experienced in ECE.
- Encourage staff to participate in on-campus events.
- Reduce staff turnover by providing a sense of pride and ownership to the center and WSU.
- Distribute a newsletter bi-monthly to Student Engagement and Enrollment Management staff; College of Education faculty and staff; and other related offices on campus.
- Distribute monthly calendar to Student Engagement staff; College of Education faculty and staff; and other related offices on campus.
- Track staff turnover and conduct exit interviews.
- Provide staff incentives for longevity of service.
- Provide opportunities for staff to participate in campus activities. Arrange staff development training on campus.
- Monitor the number of those that respond to newsletter and calendar. Use their suggestions and comments to improve or make changes.