Cooperative Education & Work-Based Learning
List a Co-op / Internship Position
Wichita State University’s Office of Cooperative Education and Work-Based Learning retains the right to refuse any position listing and to close any
listing at any time. Listings that may be refused or closed typically contain one or more of the following elements:
- Refusal by organization to adhere to: (a) Wichita State University’s enrollment policy for
co-op/internship students, (b) Employer Success Agreement and (c) NACE Principles for Employment Professionals
- Requirement of significant personal funding by student to either obtain position or acquire training for a position
- Requirement that a student provide personal information such as bank account and social security numbers during the application process
- Misrepresentation of your organization through submission of dishonest information or incomplete information
- Failure to follow Federal EEO compliance guidelines
- Use of non-specific email address as contact (i.e., “@hotmail” or “@gmail”)
- Submission of unclear and/or questionable job duties
- Offer of no salary unless student recruits others to participate (pyramid)
- Identification of employer as out-of-area while job duties are local
- Use of private residence as an office or student work site
- Submission of position with no mentor or supervisor for student
- Submission of position not likely of interest to college students
- Receipt of complaints relevant to the program by students, alumni and/or staff
- Past breach of confidentiality
- Absence of regular communication with program staff
- Lack of timely progress towards hiring may result in position closure
The office of Cooperative Education and Work-Based Learning uses Co-op Connect to manage student and employer records. Co-op Connect allows employers to list
cooperative education and internship opportunities. To gain access to this system cccess the following website: www.myinterfase.com/wichita_coop/employer
(You should disable any popup blocker when using this
- Click on “Click here to register!” and follow the directions on that page.
- Search for your Organization and select; if it you can’t find it click on “Can’t Find Your Organization.”
- Complete all sections. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
- Click on the Register button.
- To post a internship/co-op position follow the Steps in To Create a New Job.
Once you have registered and if you posted a internship/co-op, both your account and internship/co-op will be in pending status. An administrator will review both your account and
internship/co-op. If your registration is approved, you will receive an email notification. If you do not receive your email notification within 48 hours, please contact our office at