Cooperative Education and Internships
Getting Credit for Your Job
If you are currently working in a job related to your major and meet the academic requirements established by your college, you may be eligible to receive academic credit.
Current Job Must Have:
- An assigned supervisor who provides orientation, training, and professional guidance.
*** The supervisor must have more knowledge in the field than you.
- A designated work area.
- The opportunity to observe and work with professionals and attend meetings with staff, clients, etc.
Your Supervisor Must:
- Allow you to develop a variety of competencies in your professional field, as well as contribute to the productivity of the organization.
- Provide you with clear job descriptions that specifically outline your duties and necessary qualifications, including development of new skills and increasing
If you met the requirements:
1. Meet with your academic advisor to determine the number of internship credit hours you can put towards your degree requirements.
Business Majors meet with
business advising to determine
number of eligable credits.
***Must get approval from faculty
Engineering Majors skip step 1.
Health Majors must have your job approved by your academic advisor.
LAS Majors need to determine whether to enroll in major or general credit.
***Must enroll in major credit first, then LASI general credit.
LAS Majors wanting to receive general credit must bring a completed LASI 481 permission form signed by your LAS advisor.
***Available at Co-op & LAS offices
2. Schedule an appointment with the appropriate cooperative education coordinator and bring:
- A copy of your job description signed by your supervisor.
- Supervisor’s name, title, phone, email, and mailing address.
3. Enroll & pay tuition.
4. Start Earning Credit!