Undergraduate Department Exams
The chairperson of the department oversees the examination process. The department is responsible for advising the student about the content of the test. Course prerequisites must be completed
- The student must be enrolled at Wichita State University.
- A department exam will not be administered to a student who has been enrolled previously in the class, unless a "W" was received.
- If a student has taken the class and failed, they may not take any test and must repeat the course.
- Students may only take the exam one time.
- Department exams are written and scored by faculty.
- Grade recorded for Credit by Exam is CrE.
- Processing time after exam may be three weeks.
- Credit received may not transfer to other institutions.
Department Exam Procedure
If the following steps are completed in the order given, the student will have the best service with the least complications:
- You must be admitted to WSU and obtain departmental consent to be eligible to take the test.
- Pay testing fees either at the Cashier's window, second floor, Jardine Hall, or at the Counseling & Testing Center in Room 100A, Brennan Hall II.
- If you paid at the Cashier's office, bring the yellow receipt to the Counseling & Testing Center to start the paperwork process.
- Make an appointment to take the exam in the department or the Counseling & Testing Center (test location is determined by the department).
- The completed test will be sent to the department for scoring and to determine whether or not course credit is earned.
Life Experience or Military Credit
For questions regarding life experience or military credit, contact the following:
Life Experiences Credit: Phil Ladwig, LAS Advising Center, 978-3700, Hubbard Hall
Military Credit: Veterans Affairs, 978-5021, 203 Jardine Hall
General Information: Shaleah Fields,