1. Reader and/or writer who adheres to DS test proctoring policies and procedures, and to the WSU Student Academic Integrity Policy Statement.
2. Sign language interpreter
4. Enlarged, brailled, or recorded test
5. Auxiliary aids and/or assistive technology
6. Extended time at a maximum of double the time allowed for the class (exceptions will only be
made on a case-by-case basis).
7. Academic aids that are permitted by the instructor.
8. Private or group testing room without distracting noise or interruptions, that is
environmentally accommodating according to the student's documented disability.
1. Meet with the student before testing begins in class to complete the Instructor's Section of the Disability Services' Test Authorization form.
2. Give the original to the student and retain a copy of the completed Test Authorization for instructor's files.
3. Contact the Disability Services' test coordinator if there are questions or concerns about the Test Authorization or the student's need for testing accommodations.
4. Be aware of the student's need to inform Disability Services three (3) business days prior to all quizzes and exams.
5. Enclose with each exam any special instructions or procedures for the student to follow during the exam.
8. Call DS test coordinator with permission for student to reschedule a missed exam.
9. Either send through campus mail or deliver exams and quizzes three (3) business days before the exam and quiz dates to Disability Services
1. Complete an intake with the Disability Services director before each semester of attendance to obtain DS service forms.
2. Schedule an appointment with instructor before tests begin to collaborate on completing the Disability Services' Test Authorization form.
3. Openly communicate with instructor your test accommodation needs and know what the instructor will permit during exam.
4. Inform the instructor of your other class schedules when completing the Test Authorization so instructor can determine when you will take his/her class exams at DS.
5. Schedule a brief meeting with the Test Coordinator to return and discuss the Test Authorization.
6. Notify instructor and DS test coordinator three (3) business days before each exam that you will be taking the exam at Disability Services.
7. Contact instructor within 24 hours of a missed exam for permission to reschedule exam at
1. Test Authorizations must be on file in the Disability Services Office for each class before testing services will commence.
2. Arrive at Disability Services 10 minutes before your exam is scheduled to begin. If student arrives late for exam, student will only be given the allotted extended time as indicated on the exam.
3. Bookbags, cellphones, coats, purses, or any unauthorized academic aid will not be allowed in test room.
4. Test proctors will not explain, clarify or express opinions concerning materials on the test.
5. Exam will be discontinued if student becomes ill, engages in inappropriate behavior, or is found to be cheating and using any unauthorized material.
6. Student is responsible for contacting the instructor for permission to reschedule if the student will not be taking or misses a scheduled exam. The instructor must contact DS test coordinator to authorize the student to reschedule an exam.
7. Student must contact Test Coordinator 24 hours prior to a scheduled exam at DS if student decides to take exam in class, will miss the exam, or if an exam has been cancelled or rescheduled.
8. Two consecutive "no-shows" for a scheduled exam at DS will result in a temporary termination of testing services.
9. All students must adhere to the WSU Student Academic Integrity Policy of the Kansas Board of Regents.