Exception to Catalog Regulations
Process for Exception Requests:
- Student completes form, signs it, and submits it to the Student Records Office*. No additional signatures are required. Forms can be submitted to the the
Student Records Office by mail, fax, or in-person. For forms submitted by mail or fax, please call (316) 978-3420 to confirm materials were received.
*Forms must be received one week before a scheduled University Exceptions Committee meeting date. Contact the Engineering Student Success Center at
(316) 978-3420 for specific dates.
- College representative or committee rules on the request.
- Results available in-person, Wallace Hall 300, the first business day following the action of the University Exceptions Committee. A results letter will also be mailed to you shortly after
the committee meets. Due to Federal Privacy Laws, we cannot release Exceptions Committee results over the telephone.
How to Improve Your Request for an Exception:
The request for an exception to a college or university regulations is a request for special consideration. The obligation to clearly and completely present the case rests with you. Exceptions are
never automatically granted. Do not treat this request as a trivial or casual event.
The guidelines offered here are suggestions for improving your chances of getting approval of your request.
1. Get Good Advice:
- Schedule an appointment with your adviser or the manager of the Student Records Office to discuss your case.
- If the request involves a specific course, discuss it with the instructor. Some requests can be strengthened if accompanied by the instructor’s endorsement.
2. Completing the Form:
- In Part I, state WHAT you are requesting (e.g., readmission, late drop, etc).
- In Part II, clearly state WHY you are requesting the exception. Demonstrate why, in your situation, the rule or the requirement
should be waived.
- Attach documents that support your case. For example, in the case of an illness, attach medical documents.
Fill out the Online Form, print and then submit to
Engineering Student Success Center in 300 Wallace Hall. Do not submit by email as it requires your signature.
Get Adobe Reader