Transferring to the College of Engineering

The information below is intended for domestic undergraduate students. International students should work with the Office of International Education. Graduate students should work with the Graduate School

Does my course transfer?

Check to see if a course at another institution will transfer to WSU by using the Transfer Course Equivalency form. If a course has not yet been evaluated, students may need to supply appropriate course descriptions and/or syllabi for transfer credit evaluations. 

Transfer Course Equivalency


Engineering Degree Course Sequences

Find the major you'd like to pursue and use the course sequence as a guide to show you what you've already taken and what is still left to complete. 

Degree Program Sheets

http://www.myedu.com - this is a FREE online tool to help with schedule building and degree planning. It connects with WSU's catalog and schedule, let's you plan out your semester classes, gives feedback on professors, compares different degree plans, has career info and more!


Transferring from a community college?

WSU has worked extensively with Kansas community colleges to develop a list of courses that will transfer to the WSU College of Engineering. Called Transfer Guides, these lists cover general education courses and basic engineering courses. Follow the engineering list as you take courses at your community college. Transfer Agreements are also listed here.

Graduation from WSU requires a minimum of 124 credit hours, with at least 60 of those hours taken at a four-year institution and 45 of those hours taken at the upper-division level. Students seeking a bachelors degree should be encouraged to take no more than 64 hours at a community college.

Community College Transfer Guides

Butler Community College Reverse Transfer Agreement (news article)

Agreement between Butler CC and Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering

Agreement between Cowley CC and Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering


General Education

Engineering students have specific general education requirements.

CoE general education requirements

General Education brochure with a list of courses for each area (PDF)



Transfer students have multiple opportunities for scholarships at WSU:

College of Engineering Scholarships

Office of Admissions Transfer Student Scholarship

Office of Financial Aid Transfer Student Scholarships


Meet with an adviser to plan your transition. 

WSU provides a service called Dual Advising. This gives you the opportunity to meet with an adviser in the WSU College of Engineering to help guide you as you prepare to transfer to WSU. 

JPEG Image





Samantha Corcoran is the scholarship coordinator for the CoE and has a Masters degree in industrial engineering from Wichita State University. She is the engineering dual adviser and will meet with you to plan your transition to the WSU CoE. You can make an appointment to come for an in-person visit, phone call, or video chat with Samantha by clicking one of the links below.

Contact Samantha by e-mail.

Give Samantha a phone call at (316) 978-6301.


In-Person Advising
Pick a time to meet with me:
Click to Schedule an Appointment


Phone Advising
Pick a time for me to call you:
Click to Schedule an Appointment


Video Chat Advising
Pick a time to chat with me:
Click to Schedule an Appointment


Ready to apply for admission?

The application is online and easy to do! Go to wichita.edu/apply to start your application.