Kansas Public Finance Center
Founded in 1994, the Kansas Public Finance Center further enhances the Hugo Wall School's mission by targeting research and service in the field of public finance. The Kansas Public Finance
Center's focus is two-fold: developing and implementing public strategies that promote economic vitality in Kansas, and advancing the study and practice of public finance. Activities include:
- Applying scholarly research in the area of public finance.
- Serving as advisors to private and public policymakers on economic and fiscal issues.
- Providing technical assistance on financial policies and practices with respect to state and local financing and municipal securities.
- Hosting the annual Midwest Regional Public Finance Conference that attracts government finance professionals from several states.
- Organizing specialized conferences and professional development workshops for financial managers in the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
The mission of the Kansas Public Finance Center, established in 1994, is to develop and help implement public strategies that will promote economic vitality in Kansas and to advance the study of
applied public finance at WSU.
16th Annual Midwest Regional Public Finance Conference Presentations