Consultation & Technical Assistance
Faculty and staff in the Center for Urban Studies often receive requests from state and local officials and nonprofit organizations for consultation and technical assistance on policy and
administrative issues confronting their respective jurisdictions. Recently, faculty and staff have provided consultation and technical assistance in the following areas:
- Technical assistance, facilitation and consultation on an environment scan for the Wichita City Manager's Office.
- Consultation and assistance on a cultural arts plan update including governance, finance and the value of cultural arts in the community for the City of Wichita and Sedgwick County.
- Technical assistance, facilitation and consultation on a strategic plan for the Wichita Fire Department.
- Organizational assessments of the Mid-America All-Indian Center and Exploration Place.
- Support and assistance to the selection committee on the search process for the city manager for the City of Wichita.
Faculty and staff also respond to requests for facilitation of focus groups, retreats, and community meetings for local governing body members, local organizations, and other community groups.
Recent facilitation sessions include:
- City of Bel Aire, KS Senior Task Force, Senior Needs Identification.
- City Clerks and Municipal Finance Officers Association of Kansas survey and Summer strategic planning retreat.
- Regional Economic Area Partnership (REAP) Water Resources strategic planning retreat.
- Wichita Breakthrough, Inc. strategic planning process.