Admission and Application Requirements
Applicants for the degree program must meet the following requirements for admission to the Graduate School:
- Completion of undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale) in the last 60 hours, including any post-graduate work.*
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: attain a minimum score of 600 paper-based, 250 computer-based, or 100 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an overall band score of
7.5 on the IELTS.
- Faculty will consider exceptions to the minimum grade point requirement (3.0 in the last 60 hours) based on a student's academic record, career plans, work and volunteer experience, and
letters of reference. In reviewing requests for exceptions faculty give consideration to achieving a diverse student body, racially and culturally, and a balance of pre-service and in-service
Two Part Application Process:
Part I: Complete Graduate School application and submit to the Graduate School.
Part II: Submit to the Graduate Coordinator of the Hugo Wall School the following:
- A letter of application outlining a student's career plans and how the MPA degree would further those plans;
- A resume including a student's work and volunteer experience; and
- Two letters of reference from individuals with direct knowledge of a student's work experience or academic performance.
Visit the WSU Graduate School page.