Intensive English Language Center
English is one of the most widely spoken languages in business and science today and English is often required in many jobs around the world. Your education or career will benefit from the quality
English instruction offered by the Intensive English Language Center at Wichita State University.
The Intensive English Language Center is a well-respected program for teaching English as a Second Language (ESL). The Intensive English Language Center, or IELC, was founded in 1976 and has
educated more than 7000 students from over 100 countries around the world.
About the Program
- English testing upon arrival
- Seven levels (beginning through advanced levels)
- Each level takes approximately 8 weeks to complete
- 25 hours of instruction per week (5 hours each weekday)
- Students may study as little as 8 weeks or longer than one year -- whatever is needed to achieve their needed level of proficiency
- Classes include:
- Speaking and Listening
- Structure (English grammar)
Learning Laboratory -- a laboratory utilizing computers and other audio-visual aids. Students use specialized ESL software,
receive individualized attention, and are given customized Internet assignments.
- Weekly conversation practice with conversation partners
- Essay and research paper preparation
- If there is sufficient interest and as staff availability allows, elective classes in TOEFL Preparation and Pronunciation are available.
You must be at least 17 years old in order to apply to the Intensive English Language Center. We are proud to be the first step in a successful career! Apply today and find out why so many students
have chosen to study at the Intensive English Language Center at Wichita State University!