Financial Aid for International Students
- US$700,000 in scholarships awarded to international students each year
- Must attend WSU for 1 year before applying for scholarships
- Scholarships not awarded before the student arrives in Wichita
- Scholarships awarded based upon good grades at Wichita State.
- No scholarships based upon financial need.
- Scholarships are usually US$500 to US$2,500 per year
- Scholarships are NOT guaranteed.
- You can also find available scholarships under Scholarships for Current Students
Working on Campus
- May work up to 20 hours per week on campus.
- Off-campus employment is not allowed by law except for Cooperative Education.
- May work in offices, cook in the cafeteria, assist in cleaning offices, etc
- Can earn about US$500 per month by working 20 hours per week
- Employment is NOT guaranteed.
Tuition Payment Plan
- Not required to pay all tuition in one large payment. May pay tuition in smaller installments.
- US$30 administrative fee. No interest is charged.
- Cannot apply until after arriving in Wichita
- Payment schedule:
Fall Semester: First payment due in August after selecting classes then September 15, October 15, and November 15.
Spring Semester: First payment due in January after selecting classes then February 15, March 15, and April 15.
Summer Session: First payment due in June after selecting classes then July 15
- How much is each payment? Cannot be calculated until student arrives and selects classes.
- Housing expenses are not included in Tuition Payment Plan.
- Very low cost-of-living
- Cost-of-living in Wichita is less than half of New York or San Francisco
- Average cost of an apartment in Wichita is US$525 per month. Average apartment cost in New York is over US$3,000 per month. National average is US$1,075 per month.
View University Cost Comparisons
Other Financial Aid Resources