Undergraduate English Requirement
English Requirement for Graduate
- Conditional Admission is available for students who meet our academic requirements for admission.
- You do not need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score when you apply.
- You may send your official score later or we will test your English after you arrive.
- Students who do not meet our English requirement will be required to enroll in the Intensive English Language Center.
Ways to Demonstrate English Proficiency
Send Official Results
- Score reports originally issued to the student will not be accepted.
- TOEFL scores must be sent from the Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- IELTS scores must be sent from an IELTS Testing Center.
- SAT results must be sent directly from the College Board. Our institution code is 6884.
- ACT results must be sent directly from ACT. Our institution code is 1472.
- Official PTE Academic scores must be sent to Wichita State University directly from Pearsons
English Proficiency Examination (EPE)
- Required for students who have not met our English requirement by the time they arrive in Wichita
- Administered by Wichita State University
- Cost is US$75.
Intensive English Language Center (IELC)
- Enrollment in Intensive English is required for students who have not met our English requirement.
- Students with undergraduate admission may enroll in both Intensive English and undergraduate classes with an iBT TOEFL score of between 61 and
71 (or its equivalent). Students scoring below 61 must enroll full-time in Intensive English.