Transfer Credit and Exemptions
To be considered for transfer credit (exemptions) from another college or university outside of the U.S., please follow the steps below.
STEP 1 -- View Special Transfer Credit Information for:
STEP 2 – Apply to Wichita State University
STEP 3 – Submit Syllabi
- Syllabi are detailed descriptions of the classes that you studied, the amount of time that you spent in lectures or laboratories, and more. Example of a Syllabus
- If syllabi are needed, your Admissions Officer will inform you. You should then send the syllabi as soon as possible.
All syllabi must be in English.
Student may translate syllabi if an English version is not offered by the school.
Send syllabi to your Admissions Officer (please see your admission letter for contact information).
STEP 4 -- Determination of Equivalencies
- We will send your syllabi to the WSU department which offers a comparable class.
This evaluation process can sometimes take 2 months or longer to complete.
STEP 5 – Degree Audit Evaluation
- This step determines if transferred classes meet graduation requirements for your specific major.
- For example, if you took an Algebra class at your previous school and we determined in Step 4 that it is equivalent to the Algebra class offered at WSU, your Algebra class would meet a degree
requirement if you majored in Psychology but not if you majored in Electrical Engineering.
- This evaluation will determine the number of classes and the approximate number of semesters you will need in order to graduate from Wichita State.
Degree audit evaluations take approximately 2-4 weeks to complete.