PhD, Applied Mathematics
- By choosing from a broad range of course offerings in pure and applied mathematics and in statistics, students in the MS program have considerable flexibility in designing a plan of study to
suit their interests.
- The program can be used either as preparation for further study at the PhD level or for acquiring the mathematical and statistical background needed for a variety of professions in business,
industry and education.
- There are both thesis and non-thesis options.
- Most full time students are supported financially as Graduate Teaching Assistants and complete the degree within two years.
- Part-time students are also welcome. It should be possible to complete the degree over a four or five year period by taking courses only in the evening.