General Undergraduate Advising

All students should meet with an advisor early in their college careers to discuss goals and short-range and long-range planning of class schedules and to update that planning at least once a year. MCLL majors and minors need to meet with our undergraduate advisor, Gail Burkett, 411B Jardine. Native speakers of any of the world languages offered at WSU should contact the MCLL undergraduate advisor or an MCLL faculty member prior to their first enrollment.

LAS students should contact advisors in 115 Grace Wilkie Hall for GenEd advice and general university requirements. Career counseling is also available through LAS Advising in 115 Grace Wilkie Hall or online at www.wichita.edu/careerservices.

CAPP, or Degree Evaluation, can help keep students on the right road to graduation. CAPP allows students to check online which graduation requirements they have completed, which ones remain, and even provides a way to see which courses are needed to add or change a major or minor. CAPP should not replace periodic meetings with an advisor.

Prospective students to WSU may schedule a meeting with our undergraduate advisor during a campus visit. Schedule a visit at www.wichita.edu/admissions.

The Application for Degree (AFD) is now offered only online. All new AFDs (starting in Fall 2011) will be accepted only through a new link in the myWSU portal under Student Resources (Graduation Links):  https://webapps.wichita.edu/degreecard.

For specific advising questions please consult our FAQs or talk to an advisor on the MCLL faculty contact list