Majors and Minors

It’s easy to declare a major or minor in a world language. Students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) may complete a major/minor declaration form through LAS Advising in 115 Grace Wilkie Hall. Forms are also available from the MCLL undergraduate advisor or in the MCLL office, 305 Jardine. Students in other colleges who want to declare a language minor should obtain the appropriate form from their specific college.

Students should declare majors and minors no later than at the completion of 60 credit hours and complete their senior forms no later than at the completion of 90 credit hours.

We encourage students as they progress through their language degree program to establish an academic relationship with a faculty member in the language section of their choice. These professors can also provide invaluable advice on classes, study abroad, and future plans.

The Application for Degree (AFD) is now offered only online. All new AFDs (starting in Fall 2011) will be accepted only through a new link in the myWSU portal under Student Resources (Graduation Links):  https://webapps.wichita.edu/degreecard.