Test of Academic Skills V (TEAS)
The Test of Academic Skills V is a required test for students submitting application to the undergraduate School of Nursing program at Wichita State University. The proctored TEAS measures basic
essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. These entry level skills were deemed important for nursing program
applicants by a panel of nursing program curriculum experts.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE TEAS
- Official study manual: ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Study Manual (Publisher: ATI, Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC)
www.atitesting.com --study manual and online practice exams available
- Official study manual available on reserve in WSU Ablah Library or for purchase in the WSU bookstore
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE TEAS
- The $62 WSU non-refundable testing fee is paid during the online registration process. This fee includes the cost of the ATI TEAS and reserves the date and computer time
for your test at the WSU Counseling and Testing Center.
- You can register up to 2 days before the test, if space is available.
- If you have questions or you need special accommodations for testing, please call the WSU Counseling and Testing Center (316-978-3440) before registering.
- Test fee refunds are not given for improper registration.
THE DAY OF THE TEST
- Photo Identification is required (driver's license, school photo ID, Employee photo ID, or passport)
- Calculators are NOT allowed.
- The test is 209 minutes.
- Scores are received immediately after the test.
MINIMUM REQURED SCORES
The following minimum scores are required:
- Reading - 69%
- Math - 63%
- Science - 45%
- English - 60%
Once minimum scores are met, do not repeat the test. Scores are not used in the selection process.
- The TEAS must be taken at Wichita State University. For applicants outside the Wichita area, please contact nursing advisor to discuss approved testing location options: 316-978-5708
ALL four sections of the test must be taken and passed in one sitting.
- This test may be retaken, but $62.00 payment is required for each testing.
- If you fail on the first attempt, it is recommended that you wait 1 month before re-taking the test to allow for study time.
Testing must be completed prior to the School of Nursing application deadline. As there are large numbers of applicants and limited computer availability, it is STRONGLY recommended that you
take this test as early as possible in the application process. If you attempt to register for the test later than two weeks prior to the application deadline, test registration cannot be