2013 College Success through Financial Literacy Conference
Thank you to all who came and participated in the third annual conference on College Success Through Financial Literacy. Copies of conference presentations and materials used may be found below.
The Financial Literacy for College Success Conference and Internet Courses were made possible by a $238,000 federal College Access Challenge Grant for 2010-11 to conduct outreach and financial
literacy education for college bound and new college students across Kansas. Some of the specific goals of the program are:
- Planning, organizing and delivering financial literacy education programming to college-bound and college students.
- Writing financial literacy materials to be used live and online.
- Developing an online course on financial literacy for new college students.
- Organizing a state-wide conference for high school counselors and administrators.
- Assessing the effectiveness of the programs carried out under the grant and making continual improvements as needed.