Congratulations on your acceptance and decision to attend Wichita State University. Student Health Services is your on campus source for health care and we look forward to serving your health care needs.
Universities bring together large concentrations of persons with various levels of tolerance for exposure to disease. Periodically, outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases have caused disruption of campus activities.
To help us provide a healthy environment at WSU, we strongly recommend students have proof of receiving the following immunizations. These immunization recommendations are based on guidelines from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices for the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the American College Health Association (ACHA) for all college bound students.
Required vaccinations and screening:
• TB screening: Kansas state law requires all newly enrolled students to complete Tuberculosis (TB) screening. Failure to complete TB screening will result in
your account being placed on hold.
After enrolling in classes, an email will be sent to your WSU account with instructions on completing the TB screening questionnaire. A TB skin test will not be required unless Student Health Services notifies you after reviewing of your TB screening questionnaire.
• Meningitis vaccine: All first time residents in WSU Residence Halls must complete and submit a Meningitis Vaccination and Disease Information Form within 15 days of occupancy.
Recommended vaccinations for all college students:
• Two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine after 12 months of age
• Td booster or Tdap (tetanus) vaccine within the past ten years
• Oral Polio vaccine series
• Three Hepatitis B vaccines
• Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine series
• Meningitis vaccination
Student Health Services must have proof of your immunizations. Please send a copy, (NO originals) of your immunization record (check with your physician or county health department), along with the
Health History Form to: Wichita State University, Student Health Services, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0092.
Documents can be securely faxed to (316) 978-3517. Please call (316) 978-3620 if you have questions.
Thank you for taking time to ensure that you have proper immunizations and for providing this information for our records. We wish you a successful and healthy college experience.
Camille K Childers BSN, RN James Keller, M.D.
Director of Student Health Medical Director- Student Health