Student Health Services (SHS) at Wichita State University would like to take this opportunity to welcome new or returning Shockers to WSU. The SHS staff is here to assist you in developing a healthy environment to pursue your education and possibly have a little fun while you are here.
• “Move-in Day” at Fairmount Towers. Monday, January 22, 2013 from 11 am to 1 pm. Pick up your FREE Welcome Gift at the Student Health Services table.
• “Pardner’ Up with Student Health Services” Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at RSC. Amble on over to our booth in the RSC lobby area and say “Howdy!” Get your picture taken in our “Jailhouse” and muster up some info on Student Health Services at WSU.
• SAC Kiss’um Bye’ Event. Wednesday, January 23, 11am to 1pm, Heskett Center lobby. Visit the Student Health Services table at this information fair. Meet some of our staff and see what SHS can do for you.
“Ask a Shocker Nurse” health education events
• How Can we “Cerv-ix” You – January 30 from 11 am-1 pm, Hubbard Hall. Each year 11,000 new cases of cervical cancer are diagnosed in the U.S. Early detection and prevention can decrease the risk of developing this disease. Stop by Student Health Services booth in Hubbard Hall to learn what you can do to protect yourself from cervical cancer.
• Rev up the New Year! Tuesday, Jan. 29, 11 am to 1 pm, Hubbard Hall. Come by our booth in Hubbard Hall to learn three simple wellness steps to help you rev up your health in the new year.
• “Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?” Monday, Feb 11, and Thursday, Feb 14, from 11 am to 1 pm at Hubbard Hall. HPV-associated oral and throat cancers in both males and females have increase over the past several years. Prevention and protection can decrease your risk of HPV-associated cancers. Stop by our table to learn more about the HPV vaccine and how you can protect yourself from HPV infection.
Student Health Services is your On Campus Source for Professional Healthcare. Check out our website (www.wichita.edu/shs) and sign up for our new monthly newsletter. You can also find us on Facebook to locate our phone number, hours, services and location on campus. Check back frequently for information on upcoming program events and health related information.
Camille K Childers BSN RN
Director Student Health Services