Setting up your myWSU account for the first time
New employees will need the following pieces of information
- myWSU ID number
- State of Kansas (SHARP) ID (you can get this from HR)
- Your Shocker Card issue date. You will need to go to the Shocker Card Center in the Rhatigan Student center to get an ID card. The issue date will be printed on the card. You
must wait until the following day before the system will recognize the date on a new card.
Use the following steps to set up your myWSU account:
- Go to http://mywsu.wichita.edu
- Click on "Manage your password"
- Enter your myWSU ID in the first blank anc click "Submit"
Note: If it tells you the account is locked, try again the next day. Your account may not have been generated yet.
- Answer the questions that follow. These will usually be Shocker Card Issue date and State Employee ID. However, if you are not
yet marked as an employee, or you have been here before, they may be different.
- Click "Next"
- Select 2 questions from the list and click "Submit" .(steps 6 and 7 may have been skipped if you have previously set up an account)
- Set the answers for the questions, and click "Submit"
- Click "Change Password"
- Type your new password in the "New Password" and "Confirm New Password" box and click "Submit"
Rules for making passwords:
- Passwords should be at least 8 and no more than 16 characters long.
- Passwords may not contain spaces, punctuation, or special characters.
- Passwords must begin with a letter.
- Passwords must contain at least one number.
- You can never reuse a password you have used before in myWSU