First Time Applicants
The following are the steps you will need to take in order to determine eligibility and process benefits:
- All students MUST fill out an Application for VA Educational Benefits based on one of the following criteria:
- All Students MUST complete an Intent
To Enroll form once each academic year you wish to receive VA educational benefits while attending WSU.
- Notify the WSU Department of Veterans Services of any changes to your enrollment status by completing the Recertification Form.
- Submit the Intent to Enroll form and the Application for Benefits to WSU with one copy of the following (if applicable):
- Chapter 30/33/1607: DD 214
- Chapter 1606: Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
- Enroll as soon as possible.
- Provide a copy of your class schedule signed by your Academic Advisor verifying that the classes you are enrolled in will apply towards your degree. See Request for Signed Degree Audit.
All forms are also available in the department of Veterans Services at WSU. The VA forms can be completed on-line see "Benefits".