First Time Applicants

The following are the steps you will need to take in order to determine eligibility and process benefits: 

  • All students MUST fill out an Application for VA Educational Benefits based on one of the following criteria:
  • Become fully admitted to a degree-bound program at Wichita State University. For questions about applying for admission to an undergraduate program, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (316) 978-3085. For graduate programs, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (316) 978-3095.
  • All Students MUST complete an Intent to Enroll form prior to using educational benefits at WSU.  This form should be submitted to the Office of Veterans Services.
  • Notify the WSU Office of Veterans Services of any changes to your enrollment status by completing the Recertification Form.
  • Submit the Intent to Enroll form and the Application for Benefits to WSU with one copy of the following (if applicable):
    • Chapter 30/33/1607: Certificate of Eligibility and/or DD-214
    • Chapter 1606: Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
  • Enroll as soon as possible.
  • Provide a copy of your class schedule signed by your Academic Adviser verifying that the classes you are enrolled in will apply towards your degree. This must be done each semester you are wanting to use your educational benefits.

All forms are also available in the Office of Veterans Services at WSU.  The VA forms can be completed online; please see Benefits.