Supervisor: President and CEO
Job Description: The Director of Alumni Programs is a full-time position primarily responsible for creating, fostering and nurturing an affinity and a mutually beneficial relationship between the university and its alumni through the planning and execution of alumni programming. This includes the supervision of the Assistant Director of Alumni Events and the Assistant Director of Student and Alumni Relations. Some travel will be required as well as after hours and weekend work.
1. Establish in-state and out-of-state chapter activities including scheduling and promotion of all events.
2. Establish college societies and work with Deans to reconnect alumni with individual colleges and departments.
3. Plans and oversees events such as Rockin’ the Roundhouse, reunions, alumni awards ceremonies, distinguished alumni speakers, graduation celebrations and other initiatives as needed.
4. Assists athletic department with planning and promotion of events as needed, including post-season athletic travel and special activities as needed.
5. Works with the President’s office to plan alumni engagement opportunities around the President’s travel schedule.
6. Responsible for creating and managing budget for assigned program areas.
7. Represents the Association at Association, university and community activities in a professional manner.
8. Supervision of the Assistant Director of Alumni Events and the Assistant Director of Student and Alumni Relations.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree is required with a preference in Marketing or Public Relations. A self-starter with strong writing, speaking and organizational skills. Event planning and experience working with volunteers is helpful. A minimum of five year experience in an area relevant to the position required.
Availability: Should be obtainable within 30 days.
Application: Please send resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
WSU Alumni Association
1845 Fairmount, Campus Box 54
Wichita, KS 67260-0054
Attn: Donna Lamb
or email materials to Donna Lamb, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials must be received by April 30, 2015.