Directions to the field station: Located at 28900 W. 87th St. S., Viola, KS, the field station is approximately 35 miles southwest of the Wichita State University campus. Allow about 45 minutes to get to the field station from WSU or 40 minutes from the intersection of S. Seneca St. and W. Kellogg Avenue (map and driving instructions below or on MapQuest).
START: S. SENECA ST. and W. KELLOGG AVE. / US-400 / US-54
1. Start out going west on ramp toward S Seneca St. (go 0.2 miles)
2. Merge onto US-54 W/US-400 W/W Kellogg Ave. (go 2.5 miles)
3. Merge onto I-235 S. (go 1.82 miles)
4. Take the KS-42/SouthWest Blvd exit, EXIT 5. (go 0.28 miles)
5. Turn right onto SouthWest Blvd/KS-42 S. Continue to follow KS-42 S.
>> If you are on SouthWest Blvd and reach E 23rd St S you've gone about 0.5 miles too far (go 17.46 miles)
6. Turn slight right onto W 111th St S.
>> If you reach KS-49 you've gone a little too far (go 0.03 miles)
7. Take the 1st right onto S 263rd St W.
>> If you reach S 279th St W you've gone about 1.0 mile too far (go 3.02 miles)
8. Turn left onto W 87th St S (Portions unpaved).
>> If you reach W 79th St S you've gone about 0.9 miles too far (go 1.58 miles)
9. 28900 W 87TH ST S is on the right.
>> Your destination is 0.5 miles past S 279th St W
>> If you reach S 295th St W you've gone about 0.4 miles too far (go 0 miles)
FINISH: 28900 W 87th St S, Viola, KS 67149-9501 US