Phone (316) 978-7655
Fax (316) 978-6056
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
WICHITA, Kan. – The Wichita State Shocker Bowling coaching staff has chosen seven men and eight women to be placed directly on the selected team for the 2013-2014 season.
The Shocker men’s team will have a group of four returning selected team members from this past season’s team. The men won five tournaments this past season. Three incoming players also received exemptions for this upcoming season.
The returning men who have received exemptions are:
• Devin Bidwell – senior – Moorpark, Calif.
• A.J. Chapman – sophomore – Manchester, Iowa
• Francois Lavoie – junior – Quebec City, Canada
• Zach Rhoades – sophomore – Lafayette, Ind.
The three new players to receive exemptions are:
• Mitch Hupé – Collége Louis-Riel – Winnipeg, Canada
• Matt McNiel – Minnesota State University, Mankato – Prior Lake, Minn.
• Justin Zwaschka – Bishop LeBlond High School – Saint Joseph, Mo.
The coaching staff exempted five women off of last season’s team. The five ladies helped the Lady Shockers to a very successful season. The ladies won eight of the twelve events they bowled, and finished third at the Intercollegiate National Championships. Three freshmen were also granted exemptions for next season.
The five returning team members who have been selected as exempt players are:
• Holly Harris – senior – Long Prairie, Minn.
• Allie Ijams – senior – Mission Viejo, Calif.
• Dasha Kovalova – sophomore – Moscow, Russia
• Kelsey Muther – senior – Topeka, Kan.
• Tannya Roumimper – senior – Bandung, Indonesia
The incoming freshmen players granted exemptions are:
• Laura Plazas – Gimnasio Los Portales – Bogota, Colombia
• Chenoa Rhoades – William Henry Harrison High School – Lafayette, Ind.
• Caitlin Tam – Pierre Elliott Trudeau High School – Markham, Canada
Assistant coach Mark Lewis said, “We are excited to add more talented players to our teams for the 2013-14 season. I’m looking forward to working with this year’s team members to see how far they can go.”
Additional men and women will be added to the selected team upon completion of the tryout process in September. In addition to the selected team, six to 12 additional men and women will be named to the 2013-2014 Shocker developmental team.
The Rhatigan Student Center has been the major financial and administrative supporter of the Wichita State University bowling program since 1959.