Policy and Procedure
Participation in Campus Recreation programs and activities is a privilege. Failure to adhere with Wichita State University Code of Conduct or to comply with policies and/or Campus Recreation
staff responsible for enforcing such policies may result in immediate removal from activities and facilities and a loss of Campus Recreation privileges. If removal from facilities is
deemed necessary due to failure to comply with Wichita State or Campus Recreation policy or procedure disciplinary action will be administered by the University Code of Conduct and Community
Campus Recreation Policy and Procedures:
- Please consult with a physician before engaging in physical activity. Campus Recreation is not responsible for injuries or accidents resulting from the nature of the activity.
Injuries, accidents, or equipment failures must be reported immediately to a Campus Recreation staff member.
- A valid Shocker ID or picture ID must be presented prior to participating in any Campus Recreation program or activity.
- Smoking and/or chewing tobacco is not permitted at any Campus Recreation program or activity.
- Glass containers are not permitted in any facility/activity area.
- Water in a closed-container lid is permitted throughout the Heskett Center. All other drink and food is permitted in our lobby area.
- Proper shoes and attire must be worn throughout the Heskett Center facility. Shoes must be a non-marking sole and shirts must cover areas which may come in contact with equipment.
- It is mandatory for a parent to stay with a child or dependent in all general activity spaces unless the child is 15 or older and can provide a state issued identification card.
- The freight elevator located at the east end of the Heskett Center is for handicap and Campus Recreation individual only.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Revision Date: March 8, 2011
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, political
affiliation, status as a veteran, genetic information or disability. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Director, Office of
Equal Employment Opportunity, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita KS 67260-0205; telephone (316) 978-6791.