Wichita State University’s Career Development Center combines tradition with innovation and takes learning out of the classroom and into the real world. Our mission is to empower, educate and serve the many diverse students on campus. This population includes students from right here in Wichita to those who attend WSU from across the state, nation and world! These great students come from different upbringings and socioeconomic backgrounds.
While working with our diverse student population, our center realized that every student, no matter what their background, needed guidance on how to act, what to say and how to dress in a professional dinner setting. Students wanted to know the answers to these questions:
• What do you do when introduced to a group of professionals?
• When is it appropriate to use a cell phone during a business social event?
• How are you expected to dress when interviewing?
• What fork are you supposed to use, anyway?
Our desire to educate and empower WSU students on how to act, what to say and how to dress in a professional business setting led to the creation of Dine | Dress | Interview.
About the Event
Over a four-course meal at the Wichita Country Club students learn the essentials of professional dress and how to shop for professional dress on a college students budget, how to dine with refinement in a business professional setting, and how to interview with confidence and knowledge.
The dining ambience at the Wichita Country Club gives WSU students a business/corporate dining experience that will help them succeed in their future professional settings.
The event will host a total of 110 WSU students.
Wichita State University is opening this exciting event to 5 corporate sponsors for $500.
In return for your sponsorship your business/organization will receive:
• Two (2) representatives at the event.
• Logo on these advertisements for the event:
o Email to students
o WSU TV screen advertisement
o Facebook advertisement
o Twitter advertisements
o Event webpage
o Event web banner on Career Development Center homepage
• Advertisements about your company on the tables/seats at event. (You provide handouts)
• Sign at registration table stating that the event is sponsored by your business/organization.
• A 3’ x 6’ info table from 4:30 – 5:15 p.m. in the lobby of the Wichita Country Club.
• Recognition during the program.
If there are questions, we would be happy to address them. To help us in our planning, we would appreciate a response no later than December 12, 2017. We look forward to your response.
Brian Austin, Assistant Director, Employer Relations
Wichita State University’s Career Development Center
(316) 978-6983 | email@example.com