Current open positions are listed below. Latest postings are listed first.
Visit jobs.wichita.edu to apply for positions at the Center for Entrepreneurship.
Student Position Description
• The Center for Entrepreneurship is looking to fill a position assisting the Marketing and Membership Coordinator for the Kansas Family Business Forum. This position plays a large role in Support of Faculty & Staff, General Office duties. The assistant is responsible for providing organizational and operational support in the development and execution of events such as the Executive Breakfast, Personal Advisory Group and Events held off campus for the Forum, as well as Center events. This individual will be working with WSU Faculty, Staff, and Community Business Leaders.
Kansas Family Business Forum:
• Assist in the creation, promotion and distribution of marketing materials.
• Work to identify the best marketing strategy to reach target market.
• Update website with current and accurate information.
• Execute logistics associated with each event.
• Attend Executive Breakfasts and events held for the Forum.
• Assist in the execution of events.
• Greet guests, host reception, etc.
• Complete all preparation work needed to host a successful event.
• Faculty & Staff Support / General Office duties.
• Copy, File, pick up supplies; maintain paper stock in copier and printers.
• Perform data entry.
• Sort delivers recycled office materials to recycle bins.
• Answering phones and customer service.
Skills / Qualifications:
Excellent verbal and communication skills, highly organized with the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines, be able to provide outstanding customer service and remain professional at all times, must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask, must be able to think and respond quickly to offer solutions to problems in an efficient manner, strong computer skills, including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If you are interested in applying for the student assistant position please email your cover letter, resume and references to Diane Belden at Diane.Belden@wichita.edu.