Thank you for your interest in the Kansas Engineering Excellence Project (KEEP). KEEP is a four-year H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant from the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration. The KEEP grant provides workers the chance to succeed in new and emerging fields, and offers growing businesses access to the skilled engineering workforce they need. KEEP grant funding will be used to increase the number of engineers ready to work in south-central Kansas’ aviation industry.
To qualify for the KEEP funding, candidates will need to be:
The KEEP grant requires that 75 percent of the student participants are currently experiencing long- term unemployment. The remaining 25 percent of the KEEP positions give priority to female and minority applicants. These additional KEEP positions are released one at a time in order to maintain the required percent of long-term unemployed and laid-off participants within the grant program.
You may qualify if you:
Qualifying KEEP candidates will receive assistance for the tuition, fees and textbooks associated with their qualifying degree program. KEEP funds also provide support for a limited number of competitive paid internships.
We encourage you to complete the questionnaire below and follow the instructions on the Next Steps file. Please be aware that KEEP benefits only begin if you are selected and fully enrolled in the KEEP program; no back payments will be made.
Please see and read the forms for additional information regarding qualifications and information on the program itself. Upon review of this material, you will notice there are several steps that can be done online prior to visiting the Workforce Center at 150 N. Main Street.
Alternatively, a .zip file containing all these files can be found here. Right-click on the link and select "save target as".
If you are a current WSU CoE student, please complete the following questionnaire. We work with the College of Engineering records office to certify you as a degree bound WSU CoE student in good standing; you will not need an admissions letter. If you have any questions, contact Sherry Gegan at 978-6359.