President's Distinguished Service Award for Classified Staff
>>2014 Nomination Form (due to
committee by Noon Friday, February 28, 2014) This form is in a table format that you may complete on your computer, save, print to send and/or email to the committee.
Nomination Tips for the Classified Senate
- The nomination form is submitted by one individual. Two (2) to three (3) additional letters of support may be submitted. If more than three arrive, the committee chairperson will
contact the person on the nomination form to decide which three will be reviewed by the committee.
- No additional materials will be reviewed by the committee.
- Nomination forms and/or letters may be submitted as hard-copy or electronically.
- Nomination letters and the nomination form should be no more than two pages in length each.
- Each year begins a new process. People who have been previously nominated but have not won the award may be nominated again.
- The selectin committee will be judging submitted material on the following criteria. These criteria will be used to facilitate discussions by the selection committee and will not be a
hard and fast point system for selection. The committee will award points in 4 categories:
Years of service: 1/2 point for each year as a Classified employee at WSU.
Exemplary Service: Up to 10 points for duties above and beyond "expectations".
Dedicated Service: Up to 10 points for loyal, passionate, and progressive service.
Caring Service: Up to 10 points for being a caring team member, assisting others.
- Three people will be selected for awards by the Classified Senate each year.
- All submitted materials become the property of the selection committee.