The Counseling, Educational Leadership, Educational and School Psychology (CLES) Department’s vision is to excel in preparing highly skilled, scholarly and socially responsible professionals.
The Department offers five graduate degree programs:
- Master of Education (M.Ed) in Counseling
- Master of Education (M.Ed) in Educational Leadership
- Master of Education (M.Ed) in Educational Psycholog
- Specialist in Education (Ed.S) degree in School Psychology
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D) in Educational Leadership.
The Department also offers non-degree graduate programs in District Leadership licensure, Engineering Education, and Play Therapy; and a post-graduate degree program that leads to Licensed
Professional Counselor in the state of Kansas.
- The School Psychology program is fully accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
- The Play Therapy Center, established in 2009, is one of only 13 programs nationwide to earn the Approved Center of Play Therapy Education designation from the Association for Play Therapy (APT)
and is the only such facility in the Kansas Regents system.
CLES offers programs approved by the Kansas State Department of Education for those who seek licensure as a Building Principal or District Superintendent, School Counselor, and School Psychologist:
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership (Building Leadership license)
- District Leadership (District leadership license)
- Master of Education in Counseling (School Counselor)
- Specialist in Education in School Psychology (School Psychologist)