Join the Sport Management Student Association (SMSA)
SMSA hosts many events throughout the year to bring sport management students together with current industry professionals and provide students with the knowledge needed to succeed in the sports industry. By joining, you will receive:
• Invitations to member only events including career fairs, guest lectures, networking events, and group trips to professional sporting events
• A bi-weekly email listing job and internship opportunities in the field
• A membership gift
Blake Molina Blake Elliott
President Executive Vice President
Moussa Traore Miles Hodson
Vice President of Special Events Vice President of Marketing
Cyntila Nixon Jacob Hernandez
• The Oklahoma City Thunder Career Fair, which includes a behind-the-scenes tour of the NBA Thunder franchise and tickets to an Oklahoma City Thunder regular season game.
• SMSA Annual Career Fair is a chance for students to network with sports professionals and gather information on internships, co-op positions, volunteer opportunities, and full-time employment.
• Previous speakers have included Mitch Holthus, the voice of the Kansas City Chiefs and the Missouri Valley Conference, and former Big XII Commissioner Kevin Weiberg.
• Special pricing for group trips to watch Sporting Kansas City, the Wichita Wingnuts, and more.
• An annual barbecue cookout at a Wichita State Baseball game.