Wichita State University does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Office of Equal Opportunity
Leverage the transformative power of equity and diversity to advance excellence in teaching, research and community engagement at Wichita State University.
We envision a university where equity and diversity are:
Our commitment to social justice drives and grounds our work so that everything we do continuously fosters excellence through shared responsibility for:
1. Access and Inclusion: continuously preparing, inviting, and welcoming people to an environment where all have the opportunity to thrive at the University and beyond.
2. Community: creating equitable and collaborative partnerships to better work together within and outside the University towards shared goals.
3. Education and Learning: actively and intentionally using models and practices that incorporate content that reflects diverse ways of knowing, being and experiencing the world.
4. Sustainable Transformation: engaging in continuous individual and institutional reflection and collaboration to build capacity and integrate what we learn into our culture and infrastructure.
5. Accountability: evaluating and assessing progress towards realization of the University’s vision for equity and diversity.
It is our responsibility as an institution—as part of our commitment to creating a welcoming and affirming climate—to serve and support the following individuals and groups at Wichita State University.
We also address issues of access and climate for individuals who might encounter barriers based on their religious expression, age, national origin, ethnicity, or veteran status. Furthermore, we recognize the importance of working with people who claim more than one of the above identities.