Degree Options and Requirements

The School of Music offers the following undergraduate degree programs. Click on any degree to see its requirements. 

For academic advising, contact Jan Ives at (316) 978-6430; or janet.ives@wichita.edu

Music Minor
Music Minor

Music – General
Bachelor of Arts in Music
Bachelor of Music / Theory-Composition

Music Education
Bachelor of Music Education / Vocal
Bachelor of Music Education/Keyboard
Bachelor of Music Education / Special Music Education
Bachelor of Music Education / Instrumental

Music Performance
Bachelor of Music / Vocal Performance
Bachelor of Music / Instrumental Performance
Bachelor of Music / Keyboard Performance
Bachelor of Music / Jazz Performance


Master of Music
Master of Music, Performance, Strings, Winds, Percussion
Master of Music, Performance, Voice
Master of Music, Performance, Piano
Master of Music, Piano Pedagogy
Master of Music, Instrumental Conducting
Master of Music, History/Literature
Master of Music, Theory/Composition
Master of Music, Opera Performance
Master of Music, Piano Accompanying
Master of Music, Performance, Organ
Master of Music, Chamber Music

Master of Music Education
Master of Music Education, Elementary/General Music
Master of Music Education, Choral Music
Master of Music Education, Instrumental Music
Master of Music Education, Voice
Master of Music Education, Special Music Education