School of Music Student Scholarship Acceptance Form
This form MUST be submitted by the deadline specified in your official award letter.
Instructions for receiving School of Music scholarships and fellowships.
THIS IS NOT A SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION. THIS IS FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF OFFERED AWARDS ONLY.
- Renewable scholarships and fellowships may be renewed as long as funds are available and recipients continue to fulfill their scholarship or fellowship requirements while maintaining
satisfactory academic progress.
- Each semester, recipients must complete the minimum number of hours required by their scholarship or fellowship. Failure to enroll in the correct number of hours may result in the withdrawal of
awards for that semester. Recipients not enrolled at WSU in the School of Music will not receive their scholarship(s).
School of Music Scholarship Recipients are required to fulfill the following:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher (2.5 for Buck Scholarship recipients)
- Enrollment in MUSC theory/aural skills courses until completion.
- Enrollment in Class Piano, or approved alternative, until piano proficiency requirement has been satisfied.
- Enrollment in designated major ensemble, maintaining a grade of B- or better.
- Enrollment in applied music (MUSA) course for designated instrument, maintaining a grade of B- or better.
- Enrollment in Recital, until 4 semesters have been completed. Music Ed majors may substitute MUSE 171 and 271 for two of these recital semesters.
- Acceptable growth/performance in all music enrollments/activities.
- Recipients may be asked to do one or more of the following: write a thank-you letter to the donor of their scholarship, perform at a scholarship event, attend an on-campus luncheon, or attend
an awards program with university officials, the donor, and other recipients each year the recipient holds the award. Failure to do so may affect the renewal of your scholarship or fellowship for
the following academic year, if the award is renewable. Recipients will be notified about these activities during the academic year, if applicable.
- Recipients are responsible for notifying the School of Music Scholarship Coordinator of any changes in address, phone or email, as well as any status changes that may render them unable to
fulfill the requirements of their scholarship(s). The Scholarship Coordinator may be reached at 316-978-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.