Monday, May 8, 2017
Clinton Hall 126, 4:30PM-5:00PM [2017-2018 Senators Voting]
Senators Present: Ahmed, Anderson, Asaduzzaman,Babnich, Baileyy, Bolin, Brown, Bryant, Bukonda, Cambpell, Castro, Celestin, Close, Decker, Dehner, Dowling, Dusenbury, ELdr, English, Hull, Jameson, Johnson, Keene Woods, Mahapatro, Markova, Moore-Jansen, Price, Pulaski, Rife, Rokosz, Ross, Schwartz, Shaw, Solomey, Sternfeld-Dunn, Tamtam, Wehebe, Willis, Yiildirim
Senators Absent: Barut, Bryant, Jarman, Kreinath, Lancaster, Mithiachareon, Myose, Taher,
Summary of Action:
1. Completed the Election for the 2017 - 2018 Faculty Senate Officers
I. Call to Order
II. President’s Statement
1. Welcome new Senators
III. New Business
1. Candidates for the Senate officer positions were introduced and each candidate provided their own brief introduction. The candidates had all previously agreed to run and no nominations were offered from the floor.
President-Elect Candidate: Betty Smith-Campbell.
Vice President Candidates: Aaron Rife and Nikki Keene Woods
Secretary Candidate: Doug English
Executive Committee Candidates (two positions to be filled): Kelly Anderson, Judith Babnich, George Dehner, Jay Price and Jeff Pulaski.
2. Election of officers. The following candidates were elected for office using paper ballots.
Betty Smith-Campbell for President Elect
Nikki Keene Woods for Vice President
Doug English for Secretary
George Dehner and Jay Price for Executive Committee
3. Election of Senate Budget and Planning Committee Members (Humanities, Natural Sciences, Health Professions, Education). Verbal votes were taken and Susan Castro and Nick Solomey were selected from Humanities and Natural Sciences, Ray Hull was elected from Health Professions and Frank Rokosz was elected.
4. Appointment of Ombudsperson. Byram Yildirim was nominated
IV. As May Arise – None
V. Adjournment at ……5:00……..PM
Doug English, Secretary