Distance Education/Complaint Information

Complaint Process Information

For assistance in determining the appropriate complaint or grievance procedure for initiating a complaint against Wichita State University, enrolled or prospective students should contact:

David Moses, Vice President and General Counsel
1845 Fairmount Street
Wichita, KS 67260-0205

Students should attempt to resolve a complaint utilizing Wichita State University’s grievance or complaint process.

Federal regulations require an institution of higher education to provide its students and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with the institution’s accreditor and with the institution’s State approval or licensing entity.  If a student’s complaint remains unresolved after exhausting available institutional grievance or complaint processes, a student may submit a written complaint to the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) in accordance with the KBOR complaint process which is described here or to the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association in accordance with the accrediting agency’s complaint process which is described here .

Students who are enrolled in distance education courses or programs offered by Wichita State University and who do not reside in Kansas should first contact the above-identified WSU administrator to resolve any complaint arising from the student’s participation in distance education courses or programs. If a complaint by a student who is enrolled in a distance education course or program remains unresolved, a complaint may be submitted with the authorizing agency in the state where the student resides.  Student complaint information by state and agency is located here.