All venue Box Offices open one hour prior to showtime for in-person sales and will-call pick up.
Location: Southwest corner of campus, north of 17th Street, east of Hillside.
Parking: Available just south of the building, across 17th Street.
In the 1930's, student dining, recreation facilities and an auditorium for drama, music, and convocations were all high on the list of space needs for the new
Municiple University of Wichita. Federal funds provided under the Public Works Administration made possible construction of the Auditorium and Commons Building in 1938. It was later
renamed Wilner Auditorium to honor George Wilner who joined Fairmount College as head of speech and theatre in 1923. Mr. Wilner retired from WU in 1960.
Although other stages are now available, the 600-seat Wilner Auditorium still serves as the main stage for theatre activities. Recreation and food service functions were moved from the building when the Campus Activities Center (now Rhatigan Student Center) opened in 1959.
Location: On the corner of Alumni Drive and Perimeter Road (north of Deurksen Fine Arts Center).
Parking: Available west of Duerksen Fine Arts Center.
Wiedemann Hall, a 425-seat music venue, is the result of the continuous efforts of Wichita music-lover and philanthropist Gladys H.G. Wiedemann and former Associate
Professor of Organ Robert L. Town. The hall, constructed in 1986, houses The Great Marcussen Organ, a stunning pipe organ designed and built on-site by the legendary firm of Marcussen and Son
of Denmark. It was the first Macrussen instrument to be built on North America soil.
The organ builders worked with architects to design a concert hall around the specifications of the organ to present the instrument in its ultimate acoustical glory. The building's superb acoustics keep it in demand as the primary recital and concert hall for the WSU School of Music, as well as drawing renowned organist from around the world for recitals and recordings.
Location: 29th Street North and Oliver Street (inside the Eugene M. Hughes Metropolitan Complex). At the east side of the building, Entrance "F".
Parking: Available on the southwest corner of the building, adjacent to the theatre's entrance.
When financial troubles cause the Faith Metro Church to declare bankrupcy, WSU was available to aquire the facility in 1997 through a $3.25 million gift, given by a
donor who wishes to remain anonymous. The building was named for WSU's 11th president Eugene Hughes, following his retirement in 1999.
The facilitiy, located a few miles north of WSU's main campus, has many amenities, including the 1,750-seat Roger Lowe Auditorium, the 145-seat Frederick Sudermann Commons, and the Richard Welsbacher Experimental Theatre, a black-box theatre named for the professor emeritus.
Location: Inside Duerksen Fine Arts Center (near the south entrance). East of Hillside, just south of Charles Koch Arena.
Parking: Available east of the building.
Duerksen opened in 1956 as the Fine Arts Center and was designed to house the activities of the College of Fine Arts. Unfortunately, a planned wing for the art
department was not constucted due to lack of funds. The School of Art and Design (formerly the art department) is now located at the McKnight Art Center and Henrion Hall. The Fine Arts
Center was later renamed for the alumnus and long time dean of the college, Walter Duerksen. The facility, which houses the School of Music and WSU's main Fine Arts Box
Office, includes the 530-seat Miller Concert Hall, classrooms and practice studios.