B. Lloyd Parker graduated from Wichita University in 1933 with a bachelor of science in chemistry. Known as “Parky” to family and friends, he worked for Mobile Oil Corporation until 1950. In 1953, a spin-off of a partnered paving contract business created Hydrocarbon Specialties Inc., based in Joplin, Missouri. This marketing and consulting firm successfully created two other companies in 1983. Although Mr. Parker moved away from Wichita, he remained tied to the university both philanthropically and personally. A long-time donor to the chemistry department’s Fletcher-McKinley Scholarship fund, he wanted to be involved in the new PhD program. In 1987, he established the B. Lloyd & Eleanor B. Parker Endowed Graduate Fellowship in Chemistry. His generosity continues to inspire many students pursuing a doctoral degree in chemistry.