US Citizens and Permanent Residents Graduate Application Requirements

Applications for graduate study are made through the Wichita State University Graduate School regardless of the program. In addition to the WSU Application to Graduate School, certain program areas also require a departmental application.  If you've already submitted a paper application and need to pay the application fee, you can do so through our online payment site.

Because of possible faculty and facility availability constraints, there are restrictions on the number of students admitted to some graduate programs, and these limits may prevent some qualified students from being admitted. Since departments having enrollment limitations generally take action on new applicants in March for Fall admission, early application is recommended. Preference usually is given to degree seeking applicants.

Records required for admission evaluation for programs without application deadlines should reach the Graduate School at least three weeks before registration for the term when admission is desired. Materials received after this date will be processed as the time of staff and faculty permits, but the Graduate School cannot guarantee that final action can be taken in time to allow enrollments for graduate credit.

Two admission statuses, degree and non-degree, are available to accommodate qualified students desiring to pursue graduate degrees as well as those simply desiring to earn graduate credit for personal and professional reasons.

In order to receive graduate credit at Wichita State University, students must be admitted to the Graduate School. Admission is based primarily upon an applicant's previous academic record; therefore, two official transcripts of all previous academic work, except work completed at WSU must be received along with the Application for Admission to the Graduate School and the $50.00 application fee.  A Transcript Request Form should be used for ordering transcripts other than Wichita State transcripts.

Wichita State University transcripts do not need to be ordered, but academic work and degrees from WSU must be declared on your application form. The fact that courses you completed at one institution may be included on a transcript from another institution is not sufficient. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the institution where the work was completed.

Admission to the Graduate School remains valid only if students enroll and complete at least one class as a graduate student within one calendar year of their admission semester.

Address to which all materials should be mailed:

The Graduate School
Wichita State University
1845 Fairmount
Wichita KS  67260-0004

Applicants either on a visa, or requiring a student visa, even if currently residing in the USA, will be considered International.  More information on International application requirements for Graduate School can be found on the International Application Information page.