Basic Costs for Graduate Studies

The current tuition and fees, listed below for 2015 - 2016, are subject to change by the action of the Kansas Board of Regents or the state legislature.  View the Tuition and Fees page for more specific information on the tuition structure.


Fee Description

  Resident of Kansas     

  Nonresident of Kansas   

   Graduate tuition per credit hour    



Student Fee per credit hour



   Facilities Use Fee per credit hour    



Off-Campus Regular Enrollment, Internet Courses, Hybrid Courses, and Continuing Education Credit Courses or Workshops



*($264.20 tuition plus $6.00 campus infrastructure and support fee, and $75.00 area fee.)

International Students


Calendar Year (12 months) (24 credit hours) 

 Tuition and Fees


 Housing and Meals


 Books and Supplies






Important Note

The above figures for international students are averages and are subject to change.  Tuition estimates are based on full-time enrollment in 9 credit hours per semester and 6 credit hours during the summer.  Students who enroll in more than 9 hours will pay proportionately more tuition and fees ($720.42 per credit hour).  Summer enrollment is optional, however, if the Summer Session is the student's initial semester of enrollment.  Summer Session enrollment is required during the student's first year.  International students are required to have medical insurance.  If students do not have medical insurance when they arrive, medical insurance may be purchased at the University.  If the Summer Session is the student's initial semester of enrollment, there is an additional fee for medical insurance.  There may be additional fees assessed for specific courses or college, such as Engineering or Business.  Visit the Tuition and Fees page for details on the additional fees.    Students should bring extra money for personal expenses (such as movies, museums, shopping, etc).  Actual housing expenditures depend on: 1) whether or not the student lives on campus, and at which residence hall if the student does choose to live on campus, 2) whether or not the student has a roommate, and 3) the student's meal plan, if living on campus.  Students are required to have a tuberculin skin test upon arrival.